Wednesday, December 4, 2013

An Exuberant Occupation

     The summer of 2012 was my first summer working in a Hospital. To be honest, I had no idea what it would be like. I thought I were to be placed in a group of other interns and speculate medical procedures and such but that is not at all what it was like. The internship was more experiencing and catching. Fortunately I was able to work in different departments of the hospital such as cardiology, employee health and the pain clinic. Of course there were times when people came bursting into the hospital with open injuries. I actually thought it was cool only after treatment because then the patient would not be screaming from pain and getting dramatic. I also recall meeting so many professional basketball players. I was mind blown to meet some NBA stars and to actually witness the really lavish and luxurious cars that they were driven in. I can also never forget the many hands on experiences I was given with the medical tools and procedures. Working at the hospital was a very interesting thing for me. I was influenced by the new information I learned everyday and the great working environment.

7 comments:

  1. why did you decide to intern at a hospital?and what are your peak and pits of working there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a lot of interesting things in your life that most teens don't. I think that's really cool. That's unbelievable that you got to meet basketball players from just working in a hospital! Also, you should make more posts talking about certain days at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get this job? I'm interested in working in a hospital as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New England Baptist Hospital. Every summer they most likely hire teen interns. I went there to the human resourced department and presented myself and they had me apply there.

      Delete
  4. I decided to work there because it was a 15 min walk from my house and my peak and pits from working there is my experiences and references. @Yolanda, yea it was really cool. It was mind blowing to see Rondo up close. But because I had to remain professional during work, we only fist pound and went on with our day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds pretty cool. Youve done a lot of internships and stuff that you'll definitely benefit from. Thats pretty awesome that you met Rondo and stuff. Nice job using the word exuberant too

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is pretty cool, ive thought of interning at hospitals before but i dont particularly like being around sick people. nice post.

    ReplyDelete