Sunday, December 1, 2013

Working with Transportation

     No one really likes public transportation, at least the one in my city. Public Transportation is not so reliable and you tend to encounter the worst and clueless people. I thought working for the Transit in high school would be embarrassing but It wasn't because I was getting paid well. That year, I recall waiting for my weekly deposits every Friday. Throughout that internship though, I actually did work. They had me work like I was an official employee but with the money I was getting paid, I did not complain. In addition, I realized how I was needed and most helpful in the environment. Doing simple administrative-like work everyday of the week for two hours after school was not a nuisance. This internship was beneficial for me because I learned so much about business and acquired various skills for future occupations. My managers admired me and thought I had "great potential" so because of that I made plenty of references. I was able to have an internship there for two years. I plan on working there again but in due time because senior year has consumed most of my time lately.

5 comments:

  1. The title of your post really caught my eye. Public transportation is really unreliable, so I can sympathize with you there. You sound like someone who's had plenty of work experience, but you obviously don't regret it. It's pretty admirable. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with James on that. I hate using the transit here, it's so slow and sometimes the people on the bus or train are so rude! You have a lot of work experiences! I'm excited to see what you write and more on your overall experience. Like maybe how you felt working there, or what was your favorite part of that job/intership! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not many people say this, but I actually kind of like taking the T. Mainly because of our student passes though. Go anywhere in the city all day for free, that's pretty cool. Just like James and Cindy said, you have a lot of really good work experience that will prepare you for all types of things in the future. Good job dude. I'll definitely be checking out your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats cool how you have been working with the T because I thought only grown ups work there but it was nice how you said you realized you had to give back to your community. I think the T has good things to it but more bad, and I feel like Boston should spend more time fixing it up. Good Post and work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with not liking public transportation, but it's fine if you don't have to pay for it. I was a little confused though with the purpose of the post, it started of talking of Public Transportation but didn't end that way.

    ReplyDelete